Friday, July 8, 2011

Follow Friday - I Was Twenty-Four When I Got Married for the First Time


It's Friday again, which means it's time for Follow Friday. To join the fun and make now book blogger friends, just follow these simple rules:
  1. Follow the Follow My Book Blog Friday Host (Parajunkee) and any one else you want to follow on the list.
  2. Follow the Featured Blogger of the week - Lisa at Read. Breath. Relax.
  3. Put your Blog name and URL in the Linky thing.
  4. Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say hi in your comments.
  5. Follow, follow, follow as many as you can, as many as you want, or just follow a few. The whole point is to make new friends and find new blogs. Also, don't just follow, comment and say hi. Another blogger might not know you are a new follower if you don't say "Hi".
  6. If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the love . . . and the followers.
  7. If you want to show the link list, just follow the link below the entries and copy and paste it within your post!
  8. If you're new to the Follow Friday Hop, comment and let me know, so I can stop by and check out your blog!
And now for the Follow Friday Question: Let's step away from besties . . . What is the worst book that you've ever read and actually finished?

Some of these Follow Friday questions are hard for me to answer. This one is not. The worst book I have ever read is unquestionably PureHeart (read review) by Rita Hsu Syers. This book is truly awful in every way possible: bad writing, bad story, offensive theology, an incomprehensible and inconsistent plot, and terrible copy editing. As bad as it sounds in my review, the actual book is worse. Much, much, much worse. I still have the book which I keep as a service to humanity: as long as it is sequestered on my shelves no other person will be tempted to read through its horrible awfulness.

Subsequent Follow Friday: A Quarter of a Century

Follow Friday     Home

5 comments:

  1. Hi, hon - already a follower, but sharing the Friday love anyway. I love your last line about keeping the book sequestered . . . great.

    Sally @ Bibrary Bookslut

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. I love that you said, "As bad as it sounds in my review, the actual book is worse. Much, much, much worse." There's definitely no question as to how you feel about that book.

    My Hop/Follow Friday Post

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a pretty bad book! Hi! Just stopping by. Following you from Feature & Follow My Book Blog Friday. Would love a visit and a follow back on my blog: http://blog.writerslairbooks.com. Thanks! Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. New follower here. lol I'm glad I've never heard of that book.

    Have a good weekend!

    Alyssa
    Reader's Refuge

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hopping through. I haven't heard of PureHeart. I guess I'll be skipping it.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete