Friday, May 25, 2012

Follow Friday - Boudica Rebelled Against Roman Rule in 61 A.D.


It's Friday again, and this means it's time for Follow Friday. There has been a slight change to the format, as now there are two Follow Friday hosts blogs and two Follow Friday Features Bloggers each week. To join the fun and make now book blogger friends, just follow these simple rules:
  1. Follow both of the Follow My Book Blog Friday Hosts (Parajunkee and Alison Can Read) and any one else you want to follow on the list.
  2. Follow the two Featured Bloggers of the week - Underworld Love Addiction and Charissa Books.
  3. Put your Blog name and URL in the Linky thing.
  4. Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say hi in your comments.
  5. Follow, follow, follow as many as you can, as many as you want, or just follow a few. The whole point is to make new friends and find new blogs. Also, don't just follow, comment and say hi. Another blogger might not know you are a new follower if you don't say "Hi".
  6. If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the love . . . and the followers.
  7. If you want to show the link list, just follow the link below the entries and copy and paste it within your post!
  8. If you're new to the Follow Friday Hop, comment and let me know, so I can stop by and check out your blog!
And now for the Follow Friday Question: Activity! Dream cast your current read.

Jewel Staite
My current read is Naomi Novik's Crucible of Gold, but I'm only about four pages into it, which means that I only know enough to cast only those characters who I suspect will return from earlier books in the series and the one character who has shown up in the book thus far. I suppose I could try to cast my last read, which was Gaelen's Gold by M.K. Flowers, but I hadn't really thought about any actors to play the various dwarves, elves, giants, and wizards that make up the roster of characters in the book, and no one really comes to mind. Given that Gaelen, the main character, is supposed to be 16 when the events of the novel take place, one would assume that a younger actress would be the obvious choice to play the role, but there is a combination of innocence and toughness to the character that reminds me of Jewel Staite, so even though she is technically too old to play the role, I'll pick her anyway:

I really have no idea who else I'd cast for the book, and once you've cast Jewel in a role, you don't need to worry about anything else, so I'll stop there.

Go to previous Follow Friday: There Are Sixty Carbon Atoms in a Buckyball
Go to subsequent Follow Friday: Sixty-Two Scared Sigmund Freud

Follow Friday     Home

6 comments:

  1. I had just started a book too which makes it hard! I went with an audiobook I was almost done with instead.

    I think that actress was in Higher Grounds back in the day if I'm not mistaken.

    My follow friday. Please visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopping through. I've never heard of Crucible of Gold or Gaelen's Gold. I'll have to look them up.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  3. @veela-valoom: Yeah, this question came at just the wrong time for me in my reading schedule.

    I have no idea if Jewel was in Higher Grounds, but you may remember her as Kaylee from Firefly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Alison: Crucible of Gold is the latest book in Novik's Tremeraire series which starts with His Majesty's Dragon. In the books Novik imagines a world that is almost like our own, except that dragons are real and used as weapons of war. The books are set during the Napoleonic Wars, so think of it as Horatio Hornblower with dragons.

    Gaelen's Gold is published by Kestralane Publishing, which I believe was created by the authors of the book specifically to publish it, so it does not surprise me that you have not heard of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! New Linky Follower hopping through. I haven't heard of that book before but I love Jewel Staite. I just discovered/watched Firefly for the first time and she is such a cute actress!

    Here's my FF :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @TheBookSlayer: I love Jewel as Kaylee in Firefly. Everything about that show was great, but her character was my favorite.

    ReplyDelete