Friday, October 19, 2012

Book Blogger Hop October 19th - October 25th: "Twenty-Two" Was a Second Season Episode of the Twilight Zone

Book Blogger Hop

Jen at Crazy for Books has restarted her weekly Book Blogger Hop to help book bloggers connect with one another. The hop is currently traveling about the blogosphere and is being hosted by Knitting and Sundries. The only requirements to participate in the Hop are to write and link a post answering the weekly question and then visit other blogs that are also participating to see if you like their blog and would like to follow them. A complete explanation of the history and the rules of the Hop can be found here.

This week Jen asks: How did you find out about book blogging and what made you decide to start one yourself?

Although I can't say that I was completely unaware of the existence of book blogging when I started writing my blog, I certainly hadn't focused on it as a "thing". I guess one could say I sort of fell into book blogging. I have always read a lot, but I was lousy at keeping a record of what books I owned and what books I had read. After the third time I accidentally reread Citizen of the Galaxy, I started an Excel spreadsheet to keep track of my books. And then I found LibraryThing and began cataloging my books there. And then I began writing reviews of books on LibraryThing. And from there it was natural to start reviewing books on this blog. The odd thing is that although I seem to be in the mold of a book blogger, the reason I started blogging my reviews rather than just writing reviews for LibraryThing is that I wanted to, and do, review material that is not books, but rather magazines, movies, television shows, and pretty much any other media that is related to science fiction and fantasy. I'm a science fiction and fantasy blogger. It just happens that lots of science fiction and fantasy can be found in books.

Go to previous Book Blogger Hop: The Numbers on a Six-Sided Die Add Up to Twenty-One

Book Blogger Hop     Home

4 comments:

  1. I am not a science fiction fan, but no matter, I love the book blogging world, and find it entertaining, reading others thoughts about books they read, whether I read that genre or not.

    It has been interesting today reading how we each got into the book blogging world. Happy Reading Week-end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh...I had forgotten that I did start on Shelfari and LibraryThing.

    I like blogging so much better even though I still go on both those sites every day.

    THANKS for the reminder.

    Stop by for my story if you like.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    http://silversolara.blogspot.com/2012/10/book-blogger-hop-1019-1025.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Gigi Ann: I do love science fiction (obviously), but not everyone does. The most important thing is to read what you love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Elizabeth: I still use LibraryThing to catalog all my books, and I still post all of my book reviews there in parallel to the reviews I post here.

    ReplyDelete