Sunday, November 4, 2012

Book Blogger Hop November 2nd - November 8th: A Tesseract Is Made Up of Twenty-Four Squares

Book Blogger Hop

Jen at Crazy for Books has restarted her weekly Book Blogger Hop to help book bloggers connect with one another. The hop is currently traveling about the blogosphere and is being hosted by The Fake Steph. The only requirements to participate in the Hop are to write and link a post answering the weekly question and then visit other blogs that are also participating to see if you like their blog and would like to follow them. A complete explanation of the history and the rules of the Hop can be found here.

This week Jen asks: Is there a book that has been languishing on your TBR pile even though you spent months anticipating its release?

When people ask me how many books I have in my to-be-read pile, I have to suppress a laugh. Because my mount to-be-read might actually qualify as a mountain. I collect books. I collect lots of books. And while I have every intention of reading every single one of them, I collect books at a faster pace than I can read them, meaning that I have nearly six thousand unread books piled around my abode. Yes, you read that right, nearly six thousand. Stacked up, they might actually be a mountain. And, as one might guess, this means that there are several books that have been patiently waiting to be read for quite some time. I'll get to them as fast as I can, but there are only so many hours in the day.

But the second part of the question is where I seem to separate from most other book bloggers. While I have some idea about what books are recently out, and what books are "hot", and so on, I generally have no idea what is due out in the future, and certainly don't have any release dates marked on the calendar. And although I keep track of several genre awards, and make sure to add their nominees and winners to my list of books to get, I don't hungrily snap up new releases. Or even know what new releases are on their way to the market.

So yes, I have a lot of books languishing in my to-be-read pile. But no, I didn't spend months or weeks anticipating their release.


Book Blogger Hop     Home

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the great post.

    My post is listed below.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    http://silversolara.blogspot.com/2012/11/book-blogger-hop-112-118.html

    ReplyDelete