Monday, April 8, 2013

Musical Monday - Marvin, I Love You by Kimi Wong O'Brien (with Stephen Moore)


Since I am posting reviews of the books that make up the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy series, I figured that this was the right time to post the despairing story of the love that Marvin the Paranoid Android never knew he had until it was far too late for him to do anything about it. Which seems about par for the course for Marvin, and perfect for Douglas Adams' books.

I have no idea when or how this song was originally released, but I was first exposed to it on the album The Very Best of Dr. Demento. Oddly, despite the fact that I never actually listened to his show being broadcast on the air (mostly because when it was being regularly broadcast I was in Africa, and as a result had no nearby local affiliate), I have always been a fan. The show is now only available online at the Official Dr. Demento Website.

The spoken voice portion of the song is performed by Stephen Moore, who voiced Marvin for the BBC radio and television adaptations, while the siren song of the beauty who left a love note for the depressed robot is performed by Kimi Wong O'Brien.

Previous Musical Monday: Dead Puppies by Ogden Edsl
Subsequent Musical Monday: The Twilight Zone Opening Theme

Stephen Moore     Kimi Wong O'Brien     Musical Monday     Home

No comments:

Post a Comment