Saturday, May 3, 2014

Book Blogger Hop May 2nd - May 8th: "Fifty-One Tales" Is a Collection of Short Stories by Lord Dunsany

Book Blogger Hop

Jen at Crazy for Books restarted her weekly Book Blogger Hop to help book bloggers connect with one another, but then couldn't continue, so she handed the hosting responsibilities off to Ramblings of a Coffee Addicted Writer. The only requirements to participate in the Hop are to write and link a post answering the weekly question and then visit other blogs that are also participating to see if you like their blog and would like to follow them.

This week Elizabeth of Silver's Reviews asks (via Billy): When you receive a book in the mail or from UPS, do you immediately catalog it or leave the books stacked up until the week is up and then catalog them?

I try to catalog books as soon as possible, mostly so they don't get misplaced and forgotten. This means that when I receive a book through the mail (or on the rare occasion when I receive a book via UPS), that book is almost always cataloged by the end of that day. First I enter the book into an Excel spreadsheet that I use to keep track of my books, and then I enter the book into LibraryThing so I can tag it with the various labels I use to keep track of the books in my collection. At that point I can then physically move the book to its home in my library, usually to sit temporarily on one of my various "to-read" shelves until they get read and reviewed.

Go to subsequent Book Blogger Hop: Julius Ceasar Defeated Vercingetorix in 52 B.C.

Book Blogger Hop     Home

2 comments:

  1. Oh my cod, I haven't been doing this AT ALL. *hyperventilates*

    But seriously, I religiously catalogue what I read, but I have completely forgotten to catalogue books I have bought that I have already read. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @nikki: I am sometimes overly organized, but it helps keep me from rebuying the same books over and over again.

      Delete