Saturday, October 8, 2016

Book Blogger Hop Halloween Edition October 7th - October 13th: The Vought-173 "Flying Pancake" Was an Experimental Aircraft Built by the U.S. Navy During World War II


Jen at Crazy for Books restarted her weekly Book Blogger Hop to help book bloggers connect with one another, but then couldn't continue, so she handed the hosting responsibilities off to Ramblings of a Coffee Addicted Writer. The only requirements to participate in the Hop are to write and link a post answering the weekly question and then visit other blogs that are also participating to see if you like their blog and would like to follow them.

This week Billy asks: Name one book that scared you so badly that you couldn't finish reading it.

There are no books that scared me so badly I couldn't finish reading them. The book that I recall giving me my scariest reading experience was the novelization of Alien by Alan Dean Foster, which I read before I knew the movie even existed. As bleak as the prospects seem for the crew of the Nostromo in the movie, the book makes them seem even bleaker, giving the entire story an almost hopeless inevitability. I will say that I read it when I was thirteen or so, and I was traveling in South Africa to have surgery on my hand after I had almost cut off one of my fingers, so that probably colored my perception of the book. I have not gone back to try to read it again, although I have watched the movie, so I have no idea if the book is actually as scary as I remember, or if I just remember it that way just because I read it when I was young, injured, and in an unfamiliar country.

Subsequent Book Blogger Hop: Marcus Aurelius Wrote Meditations in 174 A.D.

Book Blogger Hop     Home

No comments:

Post a Comment