Saturday, May 20, 2017

Book Blogger Hop May 19th - May 25th: The Peugeot 204 Was the Best-Selling Car in France from 1969 Through 1971


Jen at Crazy for Books restarted her weekly Book Blogger Hop to help book bloggers connect with one another, but then couldn't continue, so she handed the hosting responsibilities off to Ramblings of a Coffee Addicted Writer. The only requirements to participate in the Hop are to write and link a post answering the weekly question and then visit other blogs that are also participating to see if you like their blog and would like to follow them.

This week Billy asks: What do you do with books you no longer want? Do you donate them? Do you take them to a half-price bookstore? Does a friend or family member benefit?

For the most part, the only books that I "no longer want" are books that are duplicates of other books in my collection. Some of these are the result of merging my collection with the redhead's collection when we got married, and others are the result of me buying the same book twice, usually because I wasn't paying enough attention when I was shopping for books at a library sale or used book store.

I used to compare the two sets to figure out which of my duplicate books were in better conditions and then either give the excess books away to friends or donate them to library sales. Since I moved into my current living space, I have a lot of my books stored in boxes, so I can't make these sorts of comparisons most of the time. As I am loath to give up my duplicates without making the comparison, most of these books are now stored in a closet, waiting for the day when I move and can properly sort through them. At that point, I'll probably let my friends go through all of the books I am disposing of and after they have done their part, I'll make a substantial donation of books to whatever local charities seem worthwhile.


Book Blogger Hop     Home

2 comments:

  1. Sharing with friends and family is the best, but I usually end up donating to the library since friends and family do not take every book. :)

    Have a good upcoming week.

    Happy Hopping!!

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Blog Hop Answer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Elizabeth: I figure that a fair number of books will end up getting taken by friends - I'm not the only bibliophile in my circle of friends. But I also suspect that I'll end up donating a fair number of books as well.

      Delete